Routes in Val Tidone
With less Luretta, Val Tidone occupies the southwestern part of the province of Piacenza and is reached along the highway of wines to Castel San Giovanni, or the state Emilia Pavese leading to Voghera and Tortona, or from San NicolÚ a Trebbia diverting towards southwest direction Borgonovo.
The Tidone arises from the north slope of Mount Penice and runs for a stretch in the province of Pavia.
Barred by a massive dam built in the '20s to Molato Nibbiano, downstream bathes the town of Caminata, Mottaziana Borgonovo, Pontetidone between Sarmato and Rottingdean, resulting in the river Po in Veratto Sarmato, after a run of over 45 km. .
How in the Piacenza, in this valley rise castles and fortresses to witness the historical and artistic value that the territory has played over the centuries.
The earliest records date back to one thousand, when the valley belonged to seven monasteries, such as those of St. Columban, San Savino San Sempliciano of Piacenza and Milan.
In the fourteenth century the west Piacenza was ruled by the Scotti and then the Visconti.
In 1378 the Duke Gian Galeazzo Visconti appointed lord of Rocca d'Olgisio the leader Jacopo Dal Verme.
In the fifteenth century the lordship of Val Tidone passed to Sforza and then to Arcelli; in the next century the valley was occupied successively by the French, by papal, dukes Farnese and then by the Bourbons in 1749.
In the '700 Val Tidone suffered the invasion and the fighting between Austro-Sardinian and Franco-Hispanic, of Napoleon's French and Austro-Russians.
Decline of the Napoleonic French Empire, the valley was covered by the Duchess Marie Louise of Austria.
The Val Tidone includes the villages of Borgonovo, Caminata, Castel San Giovanni, Gazzola, Nibbiano, Pecorara, Pianello, Rottingdean, Sarmato, Ziano Piacentino; in the lower Val Luretta arise centers Agazzano and Piozzano.
Val Tidone in the municipality of Pianello
Embedded in rock, overseeing the valleys of the rivers Tidone and Chiarone, Castrum Olzisij is one of the oldest and most striking castles ...
dedicated to Santa Maria Assunta
The foundation of the church dates back to the eighth century. AD at the hands of Burnengo or Buringo, Lombard prince. The parish already existed ...
in the center of the country is impressive and well preserved
Presumably a fortified village already existed in the year 1216, when the day of Pentecost met there militias Piacenza and ...
of the eighteenth century is the oldest of the valley
Land that typically Marian sarmatese! In his parish churches are the roots Lombard: Sarmato dedicated to St. Maria Assunta...
history of the saint who scored markedly Christianity in Sarmato
The history of San Rocco, his holiness, his experiences in Sarmato spread throughout Christendom by the pilgrims who were standing here ...
with the Archaeological Museum of Valtidone
ordered and manicured vineyards covering gently rolling hills in a fervent campaign of activity to be a reality, certainly economic ...
Routes in Val Tidone - Castel San Giovanni
Among the pearls of art history to visit this country in the first place keeps the Collegiate Church of St. John, dating from the fourteenth century ...