martedė 28 giugno 2022

visit to Pontedell'Olio

CATEGORIA-64-1-02.jpg
The oldest records date back to the ninth century with the primitive name Albarola Bridge, was later transformed into a place of passage since Pontedell'Olio merchants Liguria who steps down from the Apennines to the plains for the oil trade.

The castle from the thirteenth century was the scene of fighting between the Guelphs and Ghibellines and in 1414 Bernardo Anguissola bought it from Emperor Sigismund.
In the sixteenth century, after the passage of the soldiers of Count Pier Maria Scotti, said Buso, a kind of bandit of the time, it passed to Salvatico who then sold it to the Anguissola of Altoe in 1878.

Another castle of important relief was to Riva, location two kilometers upstream; Anguissola was in 1323 and Ottavio Farnese in 1546 which assigned it to his captain Ottavio Vitelli.
Restored in 1884 by the Roman nobleman Emanuele Ruspoli, the castle is all built with stones of the Nure and has rectangular structures with, at the top, unequal towers to shape or size.

Pontedell'Olio also houses the beautiful Palazzo San Bono where, in 1819, he resided for some time Caroline of Brunswick, the Queen of England.

© infotour p. iva 01474490339
powered by Infonet Srl Piacenza
Privacy Policy
Questo sito o gli strumenti terzi da questo utilizzati si avvalgono di cookie necessari al funzionamento ed utili alle finalitā illustrate nella cookie policy. Se vuoi saperne di pių o negare il consenso a tutti o ad alcuni cookie, consulta la cookie policy.
Chiudendo questo banner, scorrendo questa pagina, cliccando su un link o proseguendo la navigazione in altra maniera, acconsenti all’uso dei cookie.
Maggiori informazioniOK